| Chair : Shuji Shimizu [ shimizu AT surg1.med.kyushu-u.ac.jp ]
| Co-Chair : Ho-Seong Han [ hanhs AT snubh.org ]
Rungsun Rerknimitr [ rungsun AT pol.net ]
| Secretariat : Yoko Noda [n-youko AT tem.med.kyushu-u.ac.jp]
| Mailing List : medical AT apan.net
| How to subscribe : Subscribe Here
| Website of secretariat office : http://www.temdec.med.kyushu-u.ac.jp/
| | MWG Home | Available Technology | SIG | News & Collaboration | Past Talks | Links |
| Introduction :
No one argue against the fact that there has been very rapid development in communication and information technology (CIT) in the world. Medical fields, however, have not necessarily caught up with the engineering advancement. Because image quality is a key in telemedicine and moving images are so helpful both in clinics and medical education, broadband and high-speed network is essential for medical telecommunication.
Medicine is one of the most important subjects for human being, and it is quite natural to organize a medical working group in APAN. WG focuses more on applications and local settings with the support of network engineering people. Our ultimate goal is to provide patients with better healthcare by exchanging our medical views and experiences using advanced CIT.
| Objectives :
- To organize a cooperating team of medical and engineering people.
- To provide the best quality transmission of various medical contents.
- To expand advanced telemedicine systems in Asia-Pacific regions.
- To keep the system improved constantly with developing technology.
- To have worldwide collaborations.
- To promote medical standardization ultimately to provide patients with better healthcare.
| Milestones/Actions :
- 2012.02 - An additional co-chair position was established
- 2011.08 - Special Interest Group was organized
- 2011.08 - Homepage was revised
- 2011.02 - Medical WG was incorporated in to newly formed e-Science area
- 2007.01 - Medical WG was extended to a new term
- 2005.08 - Medical WG setup proposal was formally approved.
- 2005.01 - Formally started Medical BoF at Bangkok 2005 meeting, Thailand.
- 2003.08 - Participated and Presentation in APAN, Busan, Korea